Monday, August 24, 2009

The Gear for the Going!

I have decided on the camera gear I am taking to the Ukraine. Much of my decision was based on weight and versatility.
From left to right, Gitzo carbon fibre tripod and ball head, canon lenses; 14mm, 70-300mm, 50mm, 24-105mm, Canon 5D MKll body, spare battery, 40Gigs of memory, rocket air blower, cable release, LED flashlight. My polarizing filter may also make the trip. With this reduced load, I will be able to pack it all into my new Lowepro Classified 160 AW bag. Ready, set....!

Update: I was able to squeeze my 580EX Speedlite into the bag so it's coming too!

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately my tripod - which I love - doesn't fit into any of my backpacks. Oh well, just one additional thing to sling over my shoulders. If I had a pith helmet I'd look like a real adventurer with all the gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. Only one consideration from my end to add. What about an external mic for the video. There's some great choices that fit right on top on the hotshoe. It makes a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestion, Dan! Not sure what type of filming I will be doing. So far all of my video work has been more art film like with no live audio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Voyage and good photo trekking! OH from FL

    ReplyDelete